COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics
Please see below for details of eligibility, how we will book your appointment, and details of what to expect when you arrive for your appointment.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine is safe and effective. It gives you the best protection against coronavirus.
Vaccines will be given in the following order of priority. **Please note that we are currently vaccinating cohorts 1 and 2**
- Cohort 1: Care home residents and their carers
- Cohort 2: All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers. Further details on frontline health and social care workers can be found here.
- Cohort 3: All those 75 years of age and over
- Cohort 4: All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- Cohort 5: All those 65 years of age and over
- Cohort 6: All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions
The vaccine will be offered more widely, and at other locations, as soon as possible.
Wait to be contacted: We will let you know when it's your turn to have the vaccine. It's important you don't contact us before then.
How we will book your appointment
We will contact you by text (if you have a mobile phone number on your record) or by phone as soon as we have appointments available.
We will need to book your appointment at short notice and may not be able to give any flexibility with timings, so please try to set up plans for transport to the vaccination site in advance.
We are currently booking appointments for the morning of Friday 22nd January. The clinic on this day will run from our main site at Osler Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 9BP.
On the day arrangements
To ensure the safety of our patients and staff we will require you to follow the following instructions:
- On the day of the appointment if have any of the following symptoms you must not come to the practice, you must call to rearrange:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of taste or smell
- If you live locally and are mobile please come on foot
- If you are a healthcare worker you will need to bring proof of your occupation. You will be turned away if you don't have this.
- Arrive at the time of your appointment, please do not arrive early
- You must wear a face covering at all times
- Please follow the instructions of the marshals. We will have a one-way system in place for patient safety
- You may need to queue outside so please be prepared to stand in the cold or rain
- When you enter the building you will need to remove your outer layers so that the top of your arm is exposed ready for your injection
- You will asked to queue at a safe distance from other patients
- You will be called to the next available clinician, regardless of who you are booked in with
We will try to operate this efficiently as possible to minimise waiting times but please come prepared with comfortable shoes in case you need to stand for longer than normal.
We will be operating a separate process on the day for people with mobility issues. If you fall into this category please let reception know when when you have received notice of your appointment, and please flag to one of our marshals when you arrive on the day.